"Don't Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today" - Will Rogers
Community & Connection
- Share your long-term career goals and dream internships with a mentor or Career Counselor. Swing by the Career Center's 1515 location from 1:00 to 4:30 PM for a coffee career chat with one of our experienced career counselors (1515 University Ave, 2 nd Floor).
- Take the online PathwayU assessment to learn more about your interests, skills, and values.
- Search for an alumni mentor on the Virginia Alumni Mentoring (VAM) platform.
- Start something new, such as joining a new student organization, or exercise class.
- Spark a conversation about class with a faculty member during office hours.
- Take time during the semester or year to connect back to family and friends for support.
- Self-reflect on your journey so far through journaling, or meditation.
Prepare Your Major Application Materials & Learn About Part-Time Jobs & Internships
- Work with a career counselor on any applications to any specialized major or school.
- Discover career pathways by viewing UVA alumni stories on Candid Career.
- Skim through the online Hoo’s Career Guide for resume/cover letter examples to help get you started and utilize VMock's resume builder tool!
- Create or update your resume and stop by our drop-in hours between 1:00 – 4:30 PM in our 1515 University Ave (2nd Floor), or at the Georges Center, on the second floor of Clemons Library
- Sign up for industry-specific Career Communities newsletters on Handshake to receive tailored newsletters and updates.
- Explore summer opportunities on Handshake.
- Learn about new career pathways by attending an in-person or virtual networking event or career fair.