Each year the UVA Career Center surveys the graduating class to learn more about career choices made by UVA students.
Why do we conduct this survey?
The information you submit is compiled into a series of reports. This data supports UVA in the following ways:
- Gives other Hoos the ability to evaluate their employment offers
- Offers valuable insight to faculty and Career Center staff about the current job market and the programming we offer
- Provides tangible information on the career options that exist for current and future students
How do you use this information?
Data collected in these surveys is kept anonymous externally, meaning we do not list individual names in association with outcomes. We create reports on graduates' first destinations and publish those reports on our website so that students and future students can learn about the next steps possible after graduation.
2020 University of Virginia graduates can share their post-graduation plans through Handshake.
- Login to Handshake
- Select "Share my first destination!" button on your newsfeed page
- Fill out the information to the best of your ability. You can report a variety of plans, including:
- continuing education
- still looking
- not seeking