This page aims to provide career resources and support for AccessUVA students.
Jump to a section:
If you have questions about what to major in, how to apply for internships, graduate school or the job search, make an appointment with UVA Career Center to have a conversation with a career conselor. If you are interested in applying for an unpaid internship, there are many opportunities on grounds to apply for financial support. Here are some resources for internship or research funding:
- Center for Undergraduate Excellence
- Parent Groups who offer Scholarships/Other Funding Opportunities: Office of African-American Affairs Parents Advisory Association and UVA Parents Committee
- Public Service at the University of Virginia: Grants, Scholarships, Fellowships, and Internship Opportunities
- Internship Funding Opportunitie
- AccessUVA Alumni Network Database - password protected resource maintained by UFUSED at UVA
Make sure to visit the Access UVA Student Support page on the Office of the Dean of Students website and how you can meet with a dean for one-on-one support. Here are additional helpful resources from around the university:
- UFUSED at UVA - United for Undergraduate Socioeconomic Diversity
Resources for Scholarships/Fellowships at UVA:
- Alumni Association
- Student Financial Services
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Curry School of Education
- School of Nursing
- McIntire School of Commerce
Resources/Tips for Studying Abroad:
- Visit Study Abroad and Summer Study Abroad website.
- Discuss the variety of program options (based on your region of interest) with an education abroad advisor to identify program options that meet your needs.
- Visit Student Financial Services during their walk-in hours to meet with a financial aid counselor. Bring your draft list of programs with you to hear about financial aid options for these programs. Visit Financial Aid for more information about how to finance study abroad.