Check out some of the events submitted by UVA student organizations.
Advising for Special Populations
- What should I major in?
- Should I take courses during summer session?
- What happens if I need to withdraw from a course?
- How many credit hours should I take per semester?
- How do I get to know my professors?
- How should I select elective courses?
- How do I calculate my science GPA?
- How do I know if/when I have enough clinical experience?
- Is there a difference between working/volunteering/shadowing/research? Will they count towards clinical experience?
- What type of experiences involve patient interaction?
- I'm having a hard time getting shadowing experience. What should I do?
- Are there any programs for people who want to do overseas/cultural/language immersion?
- What is the difference between allopathic and osteopathic medicine (a M.D. vs. a D.O.) and the admissions process for both?
- Can you be a D.O. and practice medicine internationally?
- Should I take a standardized exam preparation course?
- How many credit hours should I take during the semester I'm preparing for my entrance exam?
- How many times should I take my entrance exam?
- What types of recommendation letters do I need?
- Can a professor or T.A. write the letter of recommendation?
- Does UVA send committee letters?
- How important is it to apply early?
- What does it mean to apply early decision?
- How do I request an official copy of my transcript?
- If I completed college level coursework at another institution and the credit transferred back to UVA, do I still need to submit a transcript from the other institution?
- Will a bridge year hurt my chances of admission to a health professional program?
- How do I handle being waitlisted?