Please visit the Women, Gender, and Sexuality major page for more information about this major/concentration at the University of Virginia.
Field of Study: The study of gender and sexualities with an emphasis on transnational perspectives.
Post-Graduate Occupations of Past Women, Gender, and Sexuality Majors
- Legislative Aides
- Academic Advisors
- Volunteer Resources Directors
- Account Managers
- Professors, Archivists
Build Your Resume
Don't forget to pursue opportunities outside of your schoolwork. Your major is one of many lenses you might use to look at possible careers. Explore UVA Career Center resources on internships, externships, part-time jobs, and extracurricular activities. Actively participating in these experiences can help clarify current goals and future interests, while building skills that employers want. Below are some ideas on how you can enhance your resume:
- Earn a graduate degree in your area of interest
- Take relevant prerequisite courses
- Focus on internships or other employment to gain experience
- Talk to professionals in fields of interest and arrange job shadowing opportunities
- Join professional associations as a student member