The UVA Career Center offers free internship, externship, summer, and full-time job postings to our employers through our new Handshake system. Please register with Handshake to begin the easy process! If you have questions about salary data, rankings, or NACE recruiting guidelines, please see additional resources. Additional information on how to hire full-time students.
Non-OGI jobs are posted for a maximum of one month period to encourage early action from students. You are welcome to renew your postings for as many one-month periods as you would like.
If you encounter technical difficulties or have questions throughout the process, please check out our Employer FAQ page. If you need additional assistance processing your request, please contact our Employer Relations team at (434) 924-8900 M-F from 8 am - 5 pm (EST).
Please contact the following offices if you are interested in recruiting Law candidates, MBA candidates, or UVA Alumni.
Handshake Resources for Employers
- Getting Started With Handshake: Employers
- Virtual Career Fairs: 7 Ways Employers Can Stand Out
- How to Write a Clear and Effective Job Description for Students in 2021
View more helpful Handshake resources.
HOOS INTERNSHIP ACCELERATOR
The goal of this new internship program is to connect 500 students from across Grounds with businesses and organizations in Charlottesville, the greater Commonwealth, and beyond.
- Students will have access to paid, virtual internships.
- Internships will be 4–8 weeks-long (20–40 hours per week). Shorter-term projects will also be considered.
- HIA interns will have access to a wealth of professional support coordinated by the UVA Career Center and UVA Alumni Association. This will ensure a successful internship experience for both intern and employer.
Learn more about the new Hoos Internship Accelerator (HIA) program.
Third-Party Recruiting Policy
The University of Virginia utilizes The NACE Principles for Third-Party Recruiters. For organizations who wish to post third-party opportunities with the University of Virginia Career Center database, Handshake, the organization must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Third-party recruiters operate in congruence with the university policy of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, handicap, or national origin. An employer or agency using the services of Career Center understands that compliance with all related federal and state statutes and regulations is required for initiation or continuance of Career Center.
- Third-party recruiters will abide by the PRINCIPLES FOR ETHICAL PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE as described in the NACE Principles for Professional Practice.
- Third-party recruiters must agree to disclose the name of the employer, as well as the position description and contact through which the application materials and credentials will be shared. The client's name should appear in the title of the position to ensure full transparency for the student.
- All positions posted by third-party recruiters without the client name and appropriate contact information will be deleted from the system.
Job Posting Disclaimer
UVA acts only as an intermediary between employers posting job opportunities and candidates searching for part-time employment opportunities. All hiring and compensation for work performed by student employees is handled directly between the student and the employer.
All job and internship postings are posted at the discretion of the UVA Career Center. We do not post jobs that appear to discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or gender. UVA does not guarantee or take responsibility for the truthfulness or accuracy of employer information, position listings or the hiring, recruiting or other practices of any private employer entity. Students are urged to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private, off-campus employment.