Friday, February 16, 2018
9:00am - 5:00pm
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Nearest Metro Stop: Dupont Circle on the red line.
DC IMPACTLink (formerly MetroLink) provides an opportunity for juniors and seniors from Duke University, University of Virginia, Swarthmore College and Yale University to interview with employers from the metropolitan Washington area with a focus on public policy, government, think tanks, nonprofit organizations, and media. Online applications will be due on January 23, 2018 (11:59pm) through the DC IMPACTlink website.
Your log on to the website has been preset. Your username is your UVA email (ex. email@example.com) and your password has been preset to "GoCavs." Please use this combination to log on, but it is important to note that the job/internship postings won’t be fully available until mid-January.
If you need transportation to this event to this event, the UVA Career Center and Fourth Year Trustees will be providing a bus that will travel to Washington D.C. the morning of the event, drop students off at the DC IMPACTlink event and then shuttle back and forth between the DC IMPACTlink event and Georgetown 2018 Government and Nonprofit Expo before eventually returning to UVA after the event concludes. A seat on the bus will cost $10 per person and you can register via Handshake once registration opens.
|Jan 23||Student deadline to apply (11:59 p.m.). A résumé for each employer you are interested in must be submitted no later than this date and time. In addition to a résumé, some employers will require a cover letter and/or an application.|
|Jan 26||Pre-select candidates begin signing up for interview slots (9 a.m.)|
|Jan 30||Alternate candidates are able sign up for interview slots (9 a.m.)|
|Feb 9||Deadline for interview cancellations (5 p.m.)|
WHAT YOU NEED
- Attire: Business professional – suits and well groomed.
- Bring extra copies of your resume in case the recruiter asks for a copy.
- Portfolio – To keep extra copies of your resume, a portfolio is recommended.
- Prepare for the interview – make sure you review the company website and details on the position.
- Stay focused – interviews will take place in a room with other interviews taking place so stay focused.
Student check in begins at 8:30 am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your first interview and check in at the Student Registration table. Be sure to give yourself enough time for traffic or unexpected delays. If you do not arrive 15 minutes prior to your interview, we will open the slot to other students.
The interviews are 30 minutes in length starting at 9:00 am until 5:00pm. All of the interviews will take place in a large room – so stay focused. You can always log in to DC IMPACTlink to check your interview times. It is important to be on time for your interview!
OPEN INTERVIEW SLOTS
Interview slots open at the last minute and employers elect to fill those times with students on-site. If an interview time opens up, students designated as alternates will be considered first (if they are at the event). Open interviews will be posted for students to view on the day of the event. If you would like to be considered for an open interview, submit your resume to a Career Center staff member. Employers will then review the submitted resumes and make a selection; the selected student will be notified.
**Be sure to bring hard copies of your resume.
Lunch is on your own.
- As a DC IMPACTlink participant, you are entitled to remain on site the entire day.
- You are responsible for your own lodging, food, and transportation.
- Ask for a business card or get the name, correct spelling and title of each recruiter and send a thank-you letter after your interview. Thank you notes should be sent within 24 hours of your interview.