Volunteers needed for the Better Business Challenge
Charlottesville Climate Collaborative (C3)
Summer Business Outreach Volunteer Internship
C3 is currently looking for a few enthusiastic change agents to work with C3’s staff to execute its mission of catalyzing local climate action! They specifically need an business outreach intern to help launch the Charlottesville Area Better Business Challenge, a friendly points-based competition encouraging local businesses to increase their energy efficiency, use of renewable energy, and sustainability.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world experience in the sustainability field, while making a difference in the local community.
May 21, 2018 through August 21, 2018 (option to extend to 2018-19 Academic Year)
Minimum 4 hours a week during business hours of 9 am
to 5 pm (16 hours/month). They are flexible with students’ schedules.
• Building website content and resources for businesses
• Attending team meetings
• Participating in weekly check-ins
• Assisting with recruiting area businesses
• Providing various levels of support to area businesses, schools,
congregations, nonprofits to help succeed in the program
• Assisting with events
• Corresponding regularly with business owners, sponsors, funders, board
members, volunteers, general public using various channels (face to face,
email, phone calls, etc.)
• Brainstorming creative ways to inspire behavior change and ways to
• Logging hours
• Strong writing and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Professional, reliable, and trustworthy
• Enthusiastic, creative, flexible self-starter
• Able to prioritize tasks and time.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and application to
Grey McLean at, mailto:email@example.com