Vanderbilt LGBTI Summer Health Internship
Summer 2018 Internship for LGBTI Health
10-week, full-time internship from late May to early August.
This internship is well suited for those pursuing careers in academic medicine, public health, community organizing, health professions, and other related fields. In addition to providing programmatic support, interns will work with their supervisors to develop projects at the intersection of the student's passions and the Program for LGBTI Health's needs. Previous interns have
- Conducted LGBTI health research
- Developed institutional policies to support LGBTI inclusion
- Created patient and community health resource toolkits
- Established avenues for community outreach
- Managed social media and other web content outlets
Interns have also had the opportunity to give talks at local and national conferences, publish original research, shadow health professionals at VUMC, and represent VUMC at Nashville Pride.
For competitive consideration, applicants must:
- Be a current undergraduate, graduate, or post-doctoral student
- Have a committed interest in LGBTI health and research
- Demonstrate this interest through previous work, research, volunteer, or other experience
Interns will receive a modest wage to help offset their living expenses in Nashville, TN.
Application deadline February 1, 2018
For more information and application, click here.