Tech Fellowship with FCC
The posting is open from 4/2/18 to 5/8/18:
The Federal Communications Commission launched a new program aimed at recruiting current students and recent engineering school graduates to the agency. At the end of the year-long program, Honors Program engineers will be eligible for consideration for continued employment at the FCC.
Areas of work at the FCC requiring engineering expertise may involve an array of areas, including:
- Enabling the introduction of new communications technologies and services such as 5G, the Internet of Things, next-generation TV broadcasting; and new broadband satellite systems, among others;
- Facilitating the deployment of broadband services throughout the nation, including to rural and underserved areas;
- Identifying technologies to improve access to communications services for all Americans, especially those with disabilities;
- Supporting the introduction of communications technologies that are vitally important for public safety and homeland security as well as various market sectors such as health care, energy, education and transportation; and
- Developing policies that encourage innovation and investment in new communications devices and services that will support job creation and economic growth.
This is a Recent Graduates position in the Pathways Program. This program provides an entry-level developmental experience with the potential to lead to a career in the Federal Government after successfully completing the Program. Upon completion of the developmental program, Recent Graduate appointees may be non-competitively converted to a term or permanent position without further competition.
Please follow the USAJOBS link for additional position and application information.