Summer Reads for Aspiring Health Professionals
You undoubtedly read pages and pages of assigned readings for classes all year long -
now it is time to read something fun, just for you!
2. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Happens in the End -- Atul Gawande, MD
3. An American Sickness: How Healthcare Became Big Business and How You Can Take it Back -- Elizabeth Rosenthal, MD
4. Unbroken Brain: A Revolutionary New Way of Understanding Addiction -- Maria Szalavitz
6. The House of God -- Samuel Shem
7. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales -- Olivers Sacks, MD
8. Still Alice -- Lisa Genova
9. When Breath Becomes Air -- Paul Kalanithi, M.D .