Science and Tech Internship and Research Program
The Summer@Station1 program – a unique and exciting residential science and technology-focused educational, research, and internship program with a focus on societal perspective, social innovation and impact is looking for fellows! Fellows will come from near and far to work together throughout the summer of 2018 in the Boston region of Massachusetts in the United States.
AS A STATION1 FELLOW YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• A competitive living expenses and travel stipend , as well as housing and instructional costs covered;
• An internship in a leading science and technology company or academic research laboratory;
• An exciting, state-of-the-art researchand development project in science and technology applied to social impact;
• Support in building a portfolio of your project to show to potential employersand for graduate school applications;
• An interdisciplinary, blended, shared curriculum that draws together science, technology, society, and social impact;
• Access to a creative co-working, collaboration, and prototyping space
• 21st century professional and personal development, e.g. critical thinking, collaboration, communication; and
•Mentoring relationships with world experts in science and technology and individual counseling on academic and
• Be currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited postsecondary institution and in good standing;
• Have a genuine interest in science and technology applied to social impact;
• Be available for the entire duration of the Summer 2018 program (tentative dates:June 9th-August 15th). Academic or family obligations may be excused with advance notice.
African American, Hispanic, Native American, Native Hawaiian & Pacific Islander, first-generation students, students from low socioeconomic backgrounds, students enrolled at minority-serving institutions, teaching institutions, and community colleges are strongly encouraged to apply. Station1 also strongly encourages students who have not had the opportunity to participate in a previous research, internship, or significant project-based experience to apply.