Green Fin Studio Communications and Marketing Internship
Green Fin Studio is a marketing and communications firm that focuses on environmental projects. Their team combines subject matter expertise with graphic design, crafted content and creative delivery to target messages and audiences. They work with a variety of clients within the U.S. and beyond including organizations focused on conservation, education, ecotourism & recreation, and research.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will provide support for ongoing projects to include: developing content for Green Fin's own and client web and social channels, assisting in digital strategy development and implementation, writing press releases and other targeted content, supporting media relations and assisting in proposal/client pitch development.
This internship will provide opportunities for the successful candidate to develop real-world experience in marketing and communications within a small, but very busy environmentally-focused company. The intern will gain insight into the full spectrum of marketing and communications consulting.
Specifications & Requirements
This paid (hourly wage), 24-32 hour per week internship position is located in downtown Richmond, Virginia. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, with occasional travel and projects that require work outside of those hours.
The specific start and end dates are negotiable with the selected candidate however the position is available immediately. This internship is expected to last approximately three months and carries no benefits (e.g., health, retirement or paid leave).
• Experience or direct training in digital marketing for business development
• Experience or direct training in communications for business development, demonstrated interest in science/environmental communication preferred
• Excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to work and reason independently, and as part of a professional team,
• Experience and interest in graphic design, publication layout, and custom art preferable, and
• Being a dependable and interactive employee.
Applicants should submit the following to Paula Jasinski at firstname.lastname@example.org
• cover letter
• design and/or writing samples, and
• three professional references
• subject line should reference M&C Internship
Applications due by April 2, 2018. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.