Environmental Resilience Institute Summer Internship Program - Summer 2021
The ERI Summer Internship Program is an opportunity for undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. students to explore career opportunities and receive professional guidance. Students are matched with a host organization of the students’ choice. The program runs for 10 weeks from June to August during the summer. Career fields in government agencies, non-profit organizations, and industry are represented. Internships are primarily located in Virginia and Washington DC. Interns will work alongside coworkers on a full-time basis during their placement and receive compensation.
Application Process & Deadline
Applications are due by March 14, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Search 'ERI Summer Internship' in the 'Jobs' section on Handshake to view the ERI Internship postings that are currently available.
- The Center for Coastal Resources Management Intern
- NatureServe Science Communications Internship
- EDF - Blue Economy Research Intern, Oceans
- Green Fin Studio - Environmental Communications Internship
- Coastal Resiliency Intern
- Department of Energy - Resilience Planning Intern
- The Climate Registry Member Engagement Intern
- OCEARCH Science & Education Intern
Internship Search Support
Students can schedule an appointment online through Handshake, which is available 24/7. To schedule a one-on-one career counseling appointment select ‘Career Center,’ and then 'Appointments' on the top navigation bar within Handshake.
Students may also call us at (434) 924-8900, Mon-Fri from 8 am - 5 pm (EST) to schedule an appointment.
Career counseling appointments will be hosted by Zoom or phone until further notice.