Virginia Clinicians for Climate Change Fellowship Fall 2020
Fellowship Position, August 2020
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to John@virginiaclnicians.org
Virginia Clinicians for Climate Action (VCCA) was founded in 2017 in order to bring the clinician voice to climate change advocacy in the state of Virginia. Clinicians have the knowledge and mission to play a vital role in protecting the health and prosperity of Virginia’s families and communities from climate change. VCCA brings this critical perspective into climate-related policymaking in our state.Through education, advocacy and community outreach, VCCA is building a network of clinician advocates for local and statewide climate change solutions that protect the health of our patients and communities in the Commonwealth.
VCCA has become a leading health voice for climate change solutions that will transition Virginia towards a clean energy economy. Our organization is now at a turning point, where our success is being recognized and we are being invited to participate in larger projects with greater financial support. We are seeking a fellow to support this transition.
The fellow will gain knowledge and experience in advocacy, research, education and community outreach around climate and health. The expected time commitment is 10-20 hours/week. This position offers an initial stipend of $2000 for the first six months. However, there is potential for significantly greater financial compensation, which will be determined by the end of 2020.
Projects for the fellow will include:
- Researching and writing statements on climate and health topics
- Preparing presentations, including Power Point
- Assisting with monthly newsletters
- Promoting events on social media
- Arranging calls and meetings
- Supporting new and ongoing initiatives
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Background knowledge of climate change as well as health. This can be through undergraduate or graduate background in science and/or healthcare.
- Excellent writing ability
- Proficiency in health science research and referencing
- Social Media proficiency
- Some experience in advocacy is valuable