Key Details for Fall 2020 Employer Events
With virtual events like the Consulting Conference, Tech Night Takeover, and all of our Career Fairs come some technical details you will want to make sure that you have in place before you log on to network with employers. We will be utilizing Handshake for many of our events this Fall 2020 semester, so keep reading for some key details:
- In order to participate in all virtual events hosted by the UVA Career Center, you MUST have filled out the On-Grounds Interviewing survey, which you can find here.
- Some employers have set qualifications to define which students can register for their sessions. To ensure you qualify for employer sessions, make sure you have filled out the following fields on your Handshake profile:
- You can only attend sessions you are registered for. You can register for as many sessions as your schedule will hold and are able to register up until a minute before the session starts.
- Registration closes when a session begins or reaches capacity. Check out this article to learn how to register.
- Check your profile privacy settings. Your profile must be visible to employers to participate in 1:1 sessions and visible to the Handshake community to join group sessions. Learn more about profile privacy settings here.
- Double-check your technology. You’ll need an internet connection, speakers and a microphone, and a supported device. Learn more about technical requirements for virtual events here and find details on how to join sessions in Handshake here.
Questions? Email us!