Open Medical Assistant Position: Virginia Weight & Wellness
Virginia Weight & Wellness is looking for a caring and compassionate Medical Assistant to join our team in an innovative, friendly, collaborative, interprofessional medical practice. Applicants must have an interest in pursuing a career as a health care professional OR experience in a Medical Practice/Clinical Setting.
Virginia Weight & Wellness is a specialty medical practice dedicated to weight management and weight-related medical conditions. At VWW, we partner with patients to create an enjoyable, sustainable path forward to manage weight and health. Our multidisciplinary team has dedicated their careers to the care of patients and the study of weight management and wellness, and collaboratively, have years of experience in the medical, behavioral, nutritional, psychological, and lifestyle aspects of weight management.
At VWW, we focus on obesity and weight gain as a chronic disease instead of a short term, unrealistic diet plan. Given the numerous factors that play into health, or weight, and disease risk, the potential causes of weight gain or inability to lose weight are unique for each patient. We work with each patient to individually identify and address these factors and to build a long-term approach to weight and wellness. We combine our patients’ knowledge with ours to show them new skills, and work together to apply the art and science of managing weight and health to their life.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Patient Check in/Check Out
- Performing vital signs, body composition, EKGs (training provided)
- Entering patient information into the electronic medical record
- Relaying clinical information to patients
- Answering phones, scheduling appointments, and front office duties
- Prior Authorizations, faxing, scanning and data entry
- Preparing exam rooms
- Experience in Medical Practice/Clinical Setting OR interest in pursuing a career as a health care professional
- Excellent patient care/customer service skills with oral and written communication
- Adaptable and able to multitask with excellent organizational skills
- Caring, compassionate, professional, positive, and team-oriented
All applications must include a resume/curriculum vitae, and cover letter describing the applicant's short- and long-term career goals.
For more information, go to: www.VirginiaWeightLoss.com or reach out to Brigitte Sicat, PharmD at (805)-726-1500
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org