Capitol Hill Openings!
The Staff Assistant (El Paso office) manages the office to ensure high functionality and responsiveness. This position is responsible for ensuring:
- that visitors are greeted,
- phone calls are returned,
- mail and communications are routed,
- appointments are on time,
- and staff members have the materials and supplies they need.
The position is responsible for managing the internship program. Successful candidates will have at least one year of office experience, are literate in both English and Spanish, can work well under pressure, and be professional with all constituents and staff members. Please email resume, writing sample and cover letter to TX16.Jobs@mail.house.gov with the subject line STAFF ASSISTANT (EL PASO OFFICE)
Legislative Correspondent/Staff Assistant
The Office of Congressman Paul D. Tonko (NY-20) seeks a Legislative Correspondent/Staff Assistant to serve in the Washington, D.C. office. Responsibilities include:
- managing a robust constituent correspondence program, including sorting, batching, and responding to inbound correspondence in a timely and thorough manner.
- managing the internship program,
- processing tour and flag requests,
- welcoming visitors,
- and other administrative duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have Hill experience, impeccable writing skills, the ability to juggle multiple deadlines at once, and a positive “can-do” attitude. Extra consideration will be given to those with a sense of humor, NY-20 ties, familiarity with Fireside, and a safe vehicle with a good driving record. This office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, disability, national origin, uniformed status, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Application materials must be received by February 4, 2020. Interested parties should e-mail a resume, cover letter and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Team Tonko.
Congressman Max Rose (NY-11) seeks a Staff Assistant/Driver in the Washington, D.C. office. Responsibilities include:
- transporting the Member (including evenings),
- answering phones,
- processing mail,
- welcoming office visitors,
- processing flag requests,
- logging constituent mail,
- responding to inquiries,
- and other administrative duties as assigned.
A safe vehicle and a good driving record are required for this position. New York ties are preferred. Successful candidates will have:
- hill experience,
- great writing,
- customer service,
- organizational skills,
- a positive, solution-oriented personality,
- be detail-oriented,
- and be able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Interested parties should e-mail a cover letter and resume to NY11.Jobs@mail.house.gov with the subject line “Staff Assistant.” This office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, disability, national origin, uniformed status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Application materials must be received by February 7, 2020.
Staff Assistant/Press Assistant
Progressive Member of Congress seeks Staff Assistant/Press Assistant for Washington, D.C. office.
Staff Assistant responsibilities include:
- managing front desk;
- greeting visitors;
- sorting mail;
- answering phones;
- and assisting with responses to constituent mail.
Press Assistant duties include:
- compiling daily news clips;
- composing congratulatory letters and Congressional record inserts;
- drafting social media posts;
- maintaining Member’s website;
- editing videos and taking constituent photos.
Candidates with Hill experience, strong writing skills, digital video editing know-how and social media savvy will be prioritized. Spanish speaking a plus. Please submit a resume, cover letter and one brief writing sample to email@example.com. Applications due by January 31, 2020. This office is an equal opportunity employer. New York ties a plus.
Representative David Price (NC-04) seeks a Washington, DC-based Press/Digital Assistant. This is not an entry-level position. The ideal candidate will be creative and a strong writer who understands social media trends. At least one year of Capitol Hill or other relevant experience and familiarity with Fireside preferred. North Carolina ties a plus. The Office of Representative Price is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment. Responsibilities include:
- developing daily content for the Congressman’s social media accounts,
- drafting newsletters,
- creating graphics,
- updating the website,
- as well as recording and editing videos.
In addition, the staff member will produce daily clips, draft press releases, assist with responding to press inquiries, compile and update press lists, and staff the Congressman at DC-based interviews. The staff member will report to and work closely with the Congressman’s North Carolina-based Communications Director.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and two examples of graphics or other digital communications work, along with three professional references to NC04job@mail.house.gov and include “Press/Digital Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, faxes, or walk-ins, please.