Staff Assistant Opening – Representative Pramila Jayapal
The Office of U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal (WA-07) seeks a highly organized, passionate, team-oriented Staff Assistant/Legal Correspondent for the Representative's Washington, D.C. office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executing a robust correspondence program to quickly address constituent requests, concerns, and questions;
- Driving Rep. Jayapal to and from events during regular office hours and after hours and, when needed, staffing her at offsite events;
- Managing Rep. Jayapal's front office and supporting the Chief of Staff with personnel, technology, and financial management duties;
- Managing the Washington, D.C. internship program; and
- Other special projects as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Willing and able to work long and often irregular hours, including weekends;
- Passionate about public service and committed to progressive values;
- An expert with spreadsheets, numbers, and forms, with strong attention to detail;
- A licensed driver with a clean driving record and four door car in good condition;
- Poised, no-drama, and level-headed, with a sense of humor; and
- Eager to learn, grow, and thrive in a dynamic and high-paced environment.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, new Americans, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. State and/or district ties are a plus. Qualified candidate should include in their application: resume, cover letter, and references. Please send application to email@example.com with "Staff Assistant" in the subject line. No calls or drop-ins please.