2019 mEducation Alliance Fellowship Program
Training Resource Group, Inc. announces the launch a Mobiles for Education (mEducation) Alliance Fellowship Program to support the 2019 mEducation Alliance Symposium . The mEducation Alliance was established by USAID in 2010 to advance international coordination and knowledge-exchange in utilization of a broad range of technologies for supporting education, primarily in lower-resource countries. To date, there are 26 other organizational members of the mEducation Alliance Steering Committee representing key global contributors working in this space. Fellows will work with the mEducation Alliance Symposium team, Alliance Steering Committee members, Symposium presenters, and other event contributors to ensure the smooth running of the event and the successful capture of Symposium content, learning and results. Prior to the event, Fellows will help build the Symposium’s social media presence, curate event presentations and handouts, and coordinate with presenters. Fellows will attend Symposium sessions and network with attendees, policy-makers, project implementing partners, innovators and educators . After the Symposium, fellows will help draft the final event report and organize post-event online surveys, webinars, and social media.
This is a paid fellowship (flat stipend) for master’s degree candidates, college seniors, or college graduates with an academic interest in the education sector and mobile technology applications in international development as well as the Symposiums sub-themes (see below).
The Fellow will be a member of our team working directly with USAID and partners to host the Symposium with the mEducation Alliance . As such this fellowship requires flexibility, proactive planning, and professionalism.
- Attend fellowship orientation in Washington, DC (Expected July 19)
- Compile and edit presentation abstracts and presenter bios for the Symposium
- Under the direction of the Event Coordinator liaise with presenters to ensure they have presentation supplies, understand their role, and submit/approved their bio, abstract and title
- Work with Event Coordinator to create name badges for participants along with other printed materials (such as handouts from a presenter) as needed
Attending the Symposium
- Attend all three days of the Symposium in Washington, DC (October 9-11, 2019)
- Under the direction of the Event Coordinator to set-up registration tables, sponsor tables and breakout rooms for all three days
- Serve as note-takers and timekeepers during sessions
- Provide support and coverage to the mEducation Alliance exhibits and Symposium Team
- Assist attendees to resolve needs and queries during the Symposium
- Take photos and videos during the Symposium and post according to social media plan
- Help Symposium organizers and presenters as needed throughout the event
Post Symposium Knowledge Management
- Working with the Event Coordinator to edit session notes, identify key learnings and high points for sessions you attend
- Working with the Event Coordinator compile daily survey results from Symposium to identify lessons, themes and opportunities for post Symposium workshops
- Collect and organize Symposium presentations and edited notes develop them into a comprehensive Annex for the final report
- Under the direction of the Event Coordinator develop a report on social media related to the 2019 Symposium
Master’s degree students or college graduates with applicable experience (In customer service oriented positions, volunteer positions, and internships). Those with event planning experience will be given preference. College Seniors will also be considered provided the applicant has relevant experience.
- Demonstrated interest in international development, specifically in ICT and/or education.
- A flexible schedule during the estimated Fellowship period
- Must be available for half day Fellows Orientation (July 19, 2019)
Must be available for the full day (8 am to 6 pm) on each day of the Symposium (October 9- 11, 2019)
Key Information and Deadlines
- Application Submission Deadline: July 17, 2019
- Location: Washington, DC
- Estimated Start Date: July 19, 2019
- Estimated End Date: October 18, 2019
- Estimated Level of Effort: Up to 10 days
**To Apply: Please complete the application on Google Forms by July 17, 2019**