Exclusive Internships at The Library of Congress
Interested in interning in Washington, DC this summer? The UVA Internship Placement Program offers exclusive internships for UVA students with The Library of Congress. The deadline to apply is extended to Friday, March 22nd.
The Library offers a variety of internship positions across many of its special collections and units and provides opportunities to connect your academic interests and expand your skills with the Library's vast network of resources and research professionals.
Below are example internships. See Handshake <Jobs/IPP/ Library of Congress> for additional positions.
- IPP Summer Session is June 10-August 2
- 20 hours/week minimum internship commitment; schedule can be flexible around other summer employment
- Library of Congress provides a transportation stipend; interns must have their own housing
- Internships are unpaid with academic credit
- Academic credit - enrollment in UNST 3510 (one credit course fall 2019—flexible scheduling)
- An application fee is required; fee waivers are available (refunded fees in Handshake)
Questions? Contact IPP firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-924-8900. Or, visit IPP Drop-In hours in Clemons 226 on Tuesdays/Wednesdays 1:30-4:30 pm.