Internship Placement Program Internship Spotlight: Wild Virginia
Wild Virginia Internship Opportunity - UVA Career Center's Internship Placement Program
Wild Virginia works to preserve and support the complexity, diversity and stability of natural ecosystems by enhancing connectivity, water quality and climate in the forests, mountains, and waters of Virginia through education and advocacy. Wild Virginia hosts interns each semester (including summer semester) through the UVA Internship Placement Program.
Some of their recent activities include:
- Monitor all timber sales and other proposed projects in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests.
- Continue to fight fracking and other types of oil and gas infrastructure, like pipelines, in Virginia’s national forests. We also take citizens, media, students and elected representatives on tours to see first-hand the impacts of this destructive industry.
- Organize and lead interpretive hikes with special emphasis this year on youth and student involvement. We believe that the places you experience are the places you come to love and care about.
- Host trainings with Trout Unlimited to teach volunteers how to monitor water quality in Virginia’s national forests.
- Inspire citizens to action through our Wild and Scenic Film Festivals in Charlottesville, Staunton and Harrisonburg each year.
Learn about their work to protect Virginia's wild lands and waters here: www.wildvirginia.org.
Learn more and apply via Handshake: http://bit.ly/IPP2019-WildVA
Internship Placement Program 101
For over 40 years, UVA has connected students with quality professional internships with public sector and private industry organizations in Charlottesville as an important part of its public service mission.
How it Works:
1. Explore IPP and Timeline/Program Commitment
2. Search <Jobs> <IPP> in Handshake to review IPP internships; favorite 5 internships for your application
3. Register for the Internship Placement Program; submit $95.00 application fee (fee waivers are available by request in the application).
4. Complete IPP application
5. Receive confirmation and schedule an IPP interview
- One application for multiple internship opportunities
- Customized internship placement
- Pre-qualified internships
- Develop skills necessary for future opportunities
- Build industry knowledge and experiences
- Expand your network
- UVA Career Center support during internship
Questions? Stop by during our weekly IPP drop-in hours from 1:30-4:30 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in Clemons Library, Room 226. You can also review our FAQ page.
Learn more about UVA Career Center's Internship Placement Program.