Internship Placement Program Internship Spotlight: Charlottesville Free Clinic
Charlottesville Free Clinic Internship Opportunity - UVA Career Center's Internship Placement Program
The Charlottesville Free Clinic serves the greater Charlottesville region. We are a volunteer community health support system that provides high quality health care to the "working insured" who would otherwise have no access to care. The Free Clinic encourages early intervention, primary care visits, and follow-up, saving both lives and dollars.
Our volunteers (doctors, nurses, patient educators, and pharmacists) provide treatment at no cost to the patients. Part of our mission is to educate young health care providers, who work under the supervision of a fully licensed practitioner. Another aspect of our mission is to accumulate information in support of a comprehensive policy for access to health care.
The IPP intern will work closely with the Director of Patient Care, the Patient Services Coordinator, and the Social Worker, assisting with patient contact about mental-health appointments and and lab follow-up; quality assurance and chart auditing; maintenance of a referral database; and other projects as needed. This position requires an individual with excellent attention to detail and sensitivity for personal and confidential information.
Learn about their work here: https://www.cvillefreeclinic.org.
Learn more and apply via Handshake: http://bit.ly/IPP2019-CvilleFreeClinic.
Deadline: Fri. March 1st
Internship Placement Program 101
For over 40 years, UVA has connected students with quality professional internships with public sector and private industry organizations in Charlottesville as an important part of its public service mission.
How it Works:
1. Explore IPP and Timeline/Program Commitment
2. Search <Jobs> <IPP> in Handshake to review IPP internships; favorite 5 internships for your application
3. Register for the Internship Placement Program; submit $95.00 application fee (fee waivers are available by request in the application).
4. Complete IPP application
5. Receive confirmation and schedule an IPP interview
- One application for multiple internship opportunities
- Customized internship placement
- Pre-qualified internships
- Develop skills necessary for future opportunities
- Build industry knowledge and experiences
- Expand your network
- UVA Career Center support during internship
Questions? Stop by during our weekly IPP drop-in hours from 1:30-4:30 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in Clemons Library, Room 226. You can also review our FAQ page.
Learn more about UVA Career Center's Internship Placement Program.