Capitol Hill Conversations: Part of PSG Day in DC 2/8
What is it like to work on Capitol Hill? What types of roles are available? How can you look for opportunities on the Hill?
All these questions and more will be answered at the Capitol Hill Career Conversations event February 8th. Choose the alumni you would like to engage with and sign up for a 30-minute conversation spot. There are alumni representing a wide variety of positions on the Hill, so feel free to sign up for multiple conversations! The alumni participating include:
- Julia Trent, Staff Assistant at US House of Representatives, Congressman Scott Taylor-VA
- Brian Greer, Professional Staff Member on House Armed Services Committee
- Hannah Strub, Legislative Assistant for U.S. Representative Bradley Byrne (AL-01)
- Marissa Mullen, Scheduler, Representative Tom Garrett (VA-05)
- Victor Sarmiento, Research Assistant at US House of Representatives
- Katarina DeFilippo, Legislative Correspondent for Congressman Ron Estes (R-KS)
- Philipp Clarke, Legislative Correspondent for Congressman Darrell Issa (CA-49)
- Arthur Bryant, Communications Director for Representative Ann Wagner
- Hunter Ridgway, Chief of Staff for Congressman Matt Cartwright (PA-17)
- Megan Porter, Member Services Assistance at the House Republican Conference
- Jason Steinbaum, Democratic Staff Director, House of Representatives, Committee of Foreign Affairs
- Sophie Celine Maeter, Staff Assistant, Senator Capito
These alumni also bring with them a wealth of previous experiences including backgrounds in policy issues ranging from Defense and National Security to Small Business Issues. They know the ins and outs of the industry and want to give insight that will help you.
This event will be hosted in Washington, DC in the Rayburn building - transportation to DC is offered through the Georgetown / DC ImpactLink Bus. Registration is required in Handshake
To learn more about the specific alumni or the event, search “Capitol Hill” in the “Jobs Search” in Handshake!