Equity Program Development Intern, Albemarle Office of Equity and Inclusion
EQUITY PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Participate in a transformative opportunity!
Albemarle County recognizes sustainable communities take a comprehensive approach to improving livability and viability, and that local government has a key leadership role in increasing the ability of our community to thrive over time. With this in mind, Albemarle County has taken steps to formalize the organization’s commitment to this work through the establishment of the Office of Equity & Inclusion.
We are looking for high performing team players dedicated to innovative, data-driven decision making and the vision of Albemarle as a high-equity organization and community.
In close coordination with the Director of the Office of Equity and Inclusion, this paid internship position will support Albemarle County’s organizational and strategic improvement efforts to develop the new office work plan through collaborative engagement as well as organizational and community assessments, and will focus on development of metrics and indicators from which the County will measure future performance. analytics, and performance metrics. May have ability to work remotely.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge/skill, and /or abilities preferred (I don’t expect you to know how to do all of these things). A well-developed sense of humor is required (I do expect you to laugh at my jokes). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive knowledge of performance management concepts, programs, projects, and evaluation, or related work.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and research principles.
- Knowledge of organizational development or performance management databases.
- Knowledge and skills in data analysis, statistical methodology, data collection, and evaluation of strategic plan results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to leadership, staff, community partners, state and local governments and agencies and the community.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Please contact Siri Russell at 434-296-5841 ext. 3062 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Application deadline is January 4, 2019.