Apply to be a Communications & Event Planning Associate in D.C.!
Communications & Event Planning Associate - Washington, DC
A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on
international affairs is looking to engage an enthusiastic, early
career professional with some communications and events-management
experience, in a six-month-long, on-site assignment. This role will
support the organization's internal Speakers Bureau team, as it
prepares for an annual conference that will take place during the
first week of March 2018.
The conference, which will be held in Washington, DC, welcomes more
than fifteen-thousand participants annually, from all 50 states and
all over the world. Speakers include world leaders, influential
dignitaries, practical policy experts and respected academics.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported this client for more than
ten years and we have helped them identify many amazing people for a
wide variety of full-time, temporary and project-oriented roles. We
can provide plenty of additional details regarding the employer, to
the most well qualified applicants.
While this position is currently defined as “temporary,” and we
are not actively offering it as a “temporary-to-permanent”
transition opportunity, we can share that our client his hired
temporary Brainstorm Creative Resources employees into full-time
positions in years past.
• Develop materials for on-site speaker operations and the Speaker
• Craft written materials to support the successful execution of
• Coordinate a portion of the Speakers Bureau’s logistical
operations for a specific venue
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate, relevant experience
• 1-2 years of "applicable" work experience
• Familiarity with issues related to American policymaking abroad
• An interest in and/or knowledge of America's interactions in
Middle Eastern affairs is desired
• Exhibit a general understanding of and interest in event planning,
specifically in the non-profit arena
• Demonstrated success working with Salesforce and/or other database
content management systems and/or cloud-based data management systems
similar to Google's suite of products
• Demonstrably strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to articulate concepts in writing in a concise, compelling
• Outstanding organizational skills with excellent attention to
• An enthusiastic desire to always be up-to-date on all aspects of a
given project in real time
• The ability to grasp both the big picture and granular details of
• Previous experience participating in multiple projects with
• Can quickly adapt to change, think on your feet and problem solve
to meet emerging challenges
• Enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude; can work
independently and as part of a team
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in
establishing and maintaining confidentiality and working relationships
with colleagues and partners
• Fully competent in the Microsoft Office Suite
• The ability to quickly learn basic functions of computer
applications relating to event and financial management
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are announcing this opportunity on July 10, 2017 and we are ideally
looking for someone to start working on or around September 5, 2017.
We can offer some flexibility for the assignment to start a bit sooner
than September 5, or possibly up to two weeks later.
We are only interested in receiving applications and inquiries from
individuals who can work:
(1) In a full-time, temporary capacity;
(2) a regular M-F, 9am-6pm schedule;
(3) on-site at our client’s workplace near Union Station in NW, DC;
(4) starting on/around/slightly after September 5, 2017;
(5) continuing through the first week of April.
Individuals who can only work part-time or who are interested in
working from home should not apply. Also, there will be a requirement
to work some Saturdays during February and March. Our client’s
workplace is easily accessible via car, Metrorail and Metrobus. We
will provide details regarding parking options to individuals whom we
schedule for interviews with the employer.
We are suggesting a pay rate range of between $20 and $25/hour, which
we believe is in-line with the position requirements. These rates,
when annualized, are the basis for salaries ranging from $40K to $50K.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and
will be largely based on the following factors: credentials as
detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm
Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference
providers and references provided.
This engagement is structured differently than most temporary
assignments. Instead of being paid only for the hours you work (which
is a staffing industry norm), you will paid for working 40 hours each
week -- even if you actually work fewer hours. This policy extends to
all days that the employer's office is officially closed for vacation
and also to personal and sick days within reason, but not to long
strings of days when you might be away from work for personal reasons.
It's worth mentioning that the organization's offices are typically
closed for the entire week between Christmas and New Year's Day. So
you will likely have up to one full week of paid vacation over the
holidays. The engagement also offers a limited overtime differential.
Overtime will be calculated under a formula that indicates different
rates each week, depending on how many hours were worked during that
week. We'll gladly provide documentation regarding the overtime policy
and explain the specifics of it to the most well qualified applicants.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that
has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into
freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers
since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our
client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal
please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this
job description elsewhere please visit us at
http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click
anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently
open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a
terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address
and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the
"Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal
profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and
salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their
fitness for the position.
Only candidates who can demonstrate that they will reside within a
commutable distance of Washington, DC as of September 1, 2017 should
apply. Applicants who do not already live in Washington, DC, Maryland
or Virginia, and who do not already have firm plans to relocate to the
metro-Washington, DC area by September 1, 2017 and/or who inquire
without a cover letter or resume should not expect to receive a
response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization
are EEO employers.