Transfer Student Career Resources
As a transfer student, you may have some of the following questions about your abbreviated time here at UVA:
- How can I make the most of my two or three years at UVA?
- What leadership, extracurricular, and experiential learning opportunities might be right for me?
- How can I leverage my unique background throughout my career planning process?
The Career Center is here to help you work through those questions, make the most of your time at UVA, and engage in career development and planning for your future. Here are a few ways to begin using the resources we have to offer:
- Visit us at drop-in office hours in Newcomb 170, Monday-Thursday 12pm-6pm and Friday 12pm-5pm. You can speak with a Career Peer Educator or career counselor about anything from resumes to choosing a major - no appointment necessary.
- Make an appointment with a career counselor in Bryant Hall to have a more in-depth discussion of your career planning process. The transfer student liaison counselor is Hannah Guffey, though any of our counselors would be happy to help you. In the mean time, reference these transfer student specific career related resources!
- For second-year transfer students, think about signing up for a Career Exploration Workshop (CEW). CEWs bring together a small group of students who meet over several weeks, work with a counselor, and navigate their academic and career options.
- Create your Handshake account (visit virginia.joinhandshake.com to get started) to explore Career Center programs, job opportunities, employer events, and more that are relevant to your interests.
The Career Center is here for you at every stage of your career development process. We hope to see you in our office soon!