How to Start a Virtual Drop-In
1. Visit our general website at career.virginia.edu during Mon-Fri, 12-4 PM (EDT).
2. You will see an orange Rotunda icon (like the image on the left) in the bottom right corner with "Virtual Advising" underneath.
3. Click Zoom with an Advisor and fill out the short form with your name and your email address. You will then be connected to a greeter in real-time!
4. Type a short note about what you’re seeking in the chat. [Career advising, Industry-specific advising, Pre-health advising, Career exploration, Resume or Cover Letter Review, Job Search Tips, or any specific advice you are seeking.]
5. You will then be transferred to the career counselor available at that time.
Once a career counselor begins chatting with you, you are in a Virtual Drop-In! From there, you and your counselor are able to Zoom each other when the career counselor provides their Zoom link. Learn more about industry-specific advising hours and more other great services we offer.
Discover More Online Resources
Want instant feedback on your resume? VMock is a 24-7 online resume review tool that can provide instant personalized feedback. We encourage students to take advantage of this platform before meeting with a career counselor. Just get started? We also have several resume samples available on our website and have a great podcast episode available on Resume Myths.
Career Exploration with PathwayU
PathwayU is a platform with assessments to help you identify education and career pathways that fit you and make the most sense for your unique interests and values.
- Complete your 4 assessments (Interests, Values, Personality, and Workplace Preferences) in 20-25 minutes.
- Review your personalized assessment reports.
- Explore your career matches to see what education and career pathways are the best fit for you.
View our complete list of Online Resources available to UVA students.