Virginia Alumni Mentoring (VAM) Bridges Projects
Bridges is an initiative to connect UVA alumni and students through project-based work. UVA alumni post short-term, well-defined projects that students can complete in 1-4 weeks. Students gain real-world project experience that they can put on their resumes. Alumni gain support and increased productivity. Most importantly, Bridges is an opportunity for UVA alumni and students to build meaningful relationships!
View the current projects available below. For the most up-to-date projects please go to the main Bridges page. Please note you will need to register and login into your VAM account to view these projects.
- Develop a business case for a phlebotomy training center
- Analyze User Data and Develop New Business Strategies
Creative & Marketing Projects:
- Content Marketing for Long-Running Podcast
- Design a Poster and T-Shirt for our next Fundraising Marathon!
- Help build the definitive public radio music playlist
- Design and Create Marketing Materials for Ravenell "Ricky" Keller III Scholarship - to Support Black Students at UVA
- Data and Communications support for sustainable economics project
- Environmental Communications Marketing and Communications Support
- Content Marketing and Social Media
- Pinterest Marketing Manager
Public Service and Government & Education Projects:
- Researcher for Historical Nonfiction Book
- Literature Review for Gamification/Digital App Project
- Create Intellectual Property Database
- Research Analysis of Grants, Funding, and High-Net-Worth Donors to support Educational Equity Programs
- Industry Research On Early Career Jobs/Recruiting
- Compilation of Resources for Learning Spanish
- Compilation of Resources for Learning English
- Compilation of Resources for Learning Mandarin Chinese
STEM Related Projects:
- Waste and Social Equity Mapping Project
- Chemistry Researcher for Pre-Launch Alcohol-Free Libation Brand
- Cleanse and Analyze data
- Data Science - Create an Algorithm for Industry Classification
- Drawing pdf detection
- App Integration for SuperSaaS scheduler and Word Press
- Renewable Energy System Recycling and Waste Remediation Business Plan
*As of 11/23/20. Please note that projects fill quickly! Be sure to apply to any projects you're interested in as soon as possible.
- Researcher for documentary
- Research for a certain stamp that was used on interviewees's family member's files for veterans benefits. Requires researching through veterans affairs processing manuals, submitting FOIA requests for files, and/or looking through archives. Any discovered research would be used in a documentary, and IMDb credit is available.
- Content Creation & Marketing Strategy for Cville-based Startup
- Conduct research and write compelling content related to Rependo, LLC and industry. Examples of deliverables include: Writing content for promotional materials including social media platforms, webiste, blog, and electronic newsletters; assisting with ongoing website improvements; monitoring and updating social media pages on a regular basis and growing Rependo, LLC's online presence.
- Design a logo and branding kit
- Create a logo and branding kit for a new nonprofit organization.
- Perform SEO analysis
- Identify and implement strategies to increase website traffic.
- Develop social justice learning activities for teachers and leaders
- This project involves curating resources on race and racism for an audience of teachers who would like to be educational leaders and are grappling with the challenges that doing this type of learning themselves, and facilitating it for others, might involve.
- Equity research
- Evaluate a specific business as a possible investment.
- Support content marketing, social media marketing for social justice documentary
- Conduct research and write compelling content related to the Film Industry (Generate and draft new content, as well as review existing content.)
- Learn how to Prospect and Conduct Industry Analysis
- Complete a SWOT analysis and competitive landscape research for a company in the IT industry. The task is to find out certain information regarding the company and present it in a report.
- Support content marketing
- Develop marketing strategy for reaching new law students; collaborate/write promotional materials, including social media platforms, email campaigns, website, and blog; assist with ongoing website improvements/testing user experience; identify how to maximize use of social media pages.
- Compile data on founders and early-age startups
- Compile a list of 200 leads for a new advisory business using Google, tech accelerators, LinkedIn, etc.
- Support fundraising work
- Help a non-profit in the Admissions/Alumni Relations and Development industry with their fundraising work. This could include helping with grant writing, doing administrative tasks such as data entry, and/or communications work such as writing emails or handling other correspondence.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Build an AI livestream audio translation application
- Build out a real-time voice translator application with AWS services. This will allow trainings that take place on platforms such as Facebook Live and Zoom to be translated into Spanish utilizing AWS's machine learning dictionaries.
- Design a website and a slate
- Research industry standards, work with a company in the Film industry's Marketing team to refine their marketing and social media strategy with a focus on redesigning and relaunching their website.
- Conduct research on higher education's approaches to COVID-19
- Assist in completing a research project, organizing collected data, analyzing results, crafting recommendations that support public wellbeing, ideating content to be created from captured information, and, if possible, automating data collection from web sources and/or subsequent analysis.
- Support Content Marketing
- Brand human resource consulting service on social media, create content in the area of life coaching in the form of blogs and material for social media campaign.