Start improving your networking and interviewing skills with VMock’s Elevator Pitch review tool. Gain insights on critical interview elements such as body language, enunciation, and content.
- Login into VMock using your UVA Netbage account.
- Click on ‘Elevator Pitch’ on the left of the navigation dashboard.
- Click on ‘Start Calibration’ to calibrate your face and start the interview.
- After your interview, view the summary page and view the detailed feedback. Note the areas where you can improve. Incorporate the feedback in your next interview practice.
- Sit at an arm's length - Ensure your head and torso are properly visible in the camera during the calibration.
- No other participant - Make sure that only your face is in the camera focus, and no one else is around during the interview.
- Illumination - Ensure that the room is properly lit for the interview.
- Earphones with mic (recommended) - Please consider using earphones for better speech recognition. Specifically, essential for noisy surroundings.
- Minimize background noise - Try sitting in a quiet place. Even though minor background noise does not interfere with the feedback, it can decrease the accuracy of the speech recognition systems.
Practice your virtual interview skills and get instant feedback: https://vmock.com/uvacc. This Elevator Pitch review tool is among the suite of VMock resources offered to UVA students. You can also enhance your resume and improve your LinkedIn profile using VMock! Looking for a full mock interview? Schedule an appointment with a career counselor through Handshake.
- Eye Contact
- Facial Expressions
- Hand Gestures
- Body Posture
- Word Usage
- Sentence Analysis
Delivery of Speech
- Vocal Features
- Appropriate Pauses
- Speech Fluency
- Speech Modulation
More to Explore
- How To Market Yourself- The 1 Minute Sales Pitch
- How a Powerful Pitch Can Help You Land a Job!
- Elevator Pitch 101