This year, the UVA Career Center and the Tom Tom Foundation are partnering on a virtual event series and career fair that will explore the intersection of workplace and community. These panels and programs will focus on how we can work together to build more equitable communities through inclusive workforce development and workplace action.
From Classroom to Boardroom: Race and Equity Conference
- March 30th - April 8th
From Classroom to Boardroom will highlight cutting-edge, grassroots initiatives to promote economic mobility for people living with low wealth, encourage diversity at all rungs of the career ladder, and contribute to a more inclusive sense of community in the Commonwealth of Virginia and across the country. It will provide opportunities for employers, job seekers, small business owners, civic leaders, nonprofit professionals, educators, and students to connect, collaborate, and learn from one another.
Important Conference Details
To learn more about the conference agenda and to register for the From Classroom to Boardroom: Race and Equity Conference, please visit the Tom Tom Foundation website. Please continue to check back as new sessions are added regularly!
Featured Conference Sessions
- Friday, April 2 (11:00am-11:45am): How To Get Your Foot In The Door: The Importance of Building a Social Network - We’ve all heard it before—the best way to get a job is to meet the right people and build a network. But how do you go about doing that, especially in today’s work environment?
- Friday, April 2 (1:00pm-1:45pm): The Power of Connection: Careers in Health & Human Services - This panel will explore local trends in Health & Human Services and provide best practices in career development for both employers and jobseekers. In particular, we will to hear from Charlottesville area employers about ways that jobseekers can advance their careers.
- Friday, April 2 (1:00pm-1:45pm): The Power of Connection: Careers in Information Technology - This panel will explore local trends in Information Technology and provide best practices in career development for both employers and jobseekers. In particular, we will hear from Charlottesville area employers about ways that jobseekers can advance their careers in IT.
- Thursday, April 8 (11:00am-11:45am): Authentic Recruitment of Diverse Young Professionals - This panel is a part of Young Professionals Virtual Career Fair and will feature panelists from Gartner, WillowTree and Dominion Energy.
April Job and Internship Fair
- April 8th from 1:00pm-4:00pm
During this event, students will be able to explore entry-level career opportunities in the region. This event will provide students and employers the opportunity to connect in small-group and one-on-one conversations. Additionally, employers will be able to showcase their equitable and innovative hiring practices at their organizations.
- Dominion Energy
- Suntribe Solar
- Plus many more (full list of employers can be found here)
Important Event Details
To learn more about the upcoming career fair, please visit the event website on Handshake. Please be sure to register to receive reminders when new employers are added to the fair.