UVA Career Accelerator + Radify Labs
Learn a technical skill by completing hands-on projects in this 100% online program! Students complete 4 weeks of technical skill training during which they gain industry knowledge and job-ready skills. The program is a 10 hours/week commitment and runs on a flexible time schedule - there are no specific times during the day that you have to be present online.
Through this program students will:
- Learn technical skills by using industry-relevant tools to complete weekly challenges and projects
- Join a community of hundreds of university students who you can connect with through our Slack community
- Get paired with a program coach who will review the projects you complete during the program and provide feedback
- Learn about what it's like to work in tech fields from our professional guests in our weekly Ask Me Anything sessions
Students will pick a skill track to focus on but gain access to all 6 skill tracks.
Skills tracks include:
- User Experience Design - The process of creating products that provide meaningful and relevant experiences to users.
- Graphic Design - The practice of strategically driving the development, market launch, and continual support and improvement of company's products.
- Digital Marketing - The marketing delivered through digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, and email.
- Data Science/Data Analytics - The qualitative and quantitative techniques and processes used to enhance business operations, sales, marketing, and customer experience
- Web Design - The art of projecting ideas and experiences through visual and textual content, the form it takes can be physical or digital.
- Product Management - The user experience aspects of website development rather than the backend functionality of software or web applications.
We are currently accepting applications via Handshake for the May 2020 cohort with very limited spots left and are prioritizing students who have had summer plans disrupted by COVID-19. Please apply by Sunday, April 26 at 11:55pm in order to be considered. Students will be admitted on a rolling basis. If admitted, you will receive a request for agreement and have 48 hours to submit your intention to fully participate and complete the program. There is no cost for this program. In addition to the application, students must meet with a UVA Career Center program coordinator at 1515 during Experiential Learning Drop-In Hours. Please see Handshake for application details.
If you have any questions about the program, please reach out to Kyle Hodges, Assistant Director, Business and Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“The Radify Labs’ Foundations Program helped me learn relevant skills with guidance from professionals in the field. It provided invaluable preparation for my desired career path that I can’t get anywhere else at UVA. It also increased my confidence that I’m getting the return on investment I hope to gain from my UVA education.”
-Studio Art & Computer Science Major, UVA 2021
“I’m so glad I did the Radify Labs Foundations Program because it helped me refine my interests. While I went in doing graphic design, I quickly learned I am more interested in the brand management aspects of marketing and I'm grateful for Radify in helping me fast-track that process. This insight will help me pursue my career interests with more clarity, purpose, and direction moving forward.”
-Media Studies Major, UVA 2021
“The Radify Labs Foundations Program helped me learn how to approach data analysis and create data visualizations that effectively express what I aspire to communicate. These data analysis skills will supplement my coursework at UVA and help me stand out.”
- Architecture Major, UVA 2021