Strengthen your business and help University of Virginia students develop real-world skills. The UVA Career Center and the Central Virginia Small Business Development Center (CVSBDC) are working together to connect engaged students with local and regional small businesses in Virginia. If you have any questions about the programs listed below, please reach out to David Lapinski, Director of Employer Relations and Experiential Education for the UVA Career Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruit UVA Intern
Interested in hiring a UVA student for an internship? Simply complete this form to get started: http://bit.ly/UVAInternRequestForm.
Looking for a student, or team of students to work on a specific project? Two new unique programs have been developed:
Project-Based Support (individual or team-based)
Bridges is an initiative to connect UVA students with project-based work. Employers post short-term, well-defined projects that students can complete in 1-4 weeks. Students gain real-world project experience that they can put on their resumes.
Previous Project Examples:
- Content Creation & Marketing Strategy for Cville-based Startup
- Design a logo and branding kit
- Perform SEO analysis
- Develop social justice learning activities for teachers and leaders
- Equity research
- Conduct research and write compelling content related to the Film Industry
- Learn how to Prospect and Conduct Industry Analysis
- Complete a SWOT analysis and competitive landscape research for a company in the IT industry.
- Support content marketing
- Compile data on founders and early-age startups
- Support fundraising work
Employers can view the full list previous and active projects for ideas.
Go to http://bit.ly/UVABridgesProjectRequest to learn more. Please note that this program is open to both UVA alumni and Virginia-based businesses.
Project-Based Support (team-based)
Propel is a unique program in which 50 students (10 teams with 5 students per team) enroll in an academic course to work on a strategic problem for the organization. Projects can address a wide-variety of areas including (but not limited to):
- Marketing Strategy and New Market Entry
- Data Analytics
- Social Entrepreneurship
Simply complete this online form to get started: http://bit.ly/UVAPropelProjectRequest.