Mentor a UVA Student
Virginia Alumni Mentoring (VAM) is a virtual community that fosters relationships between UVA alumni and students. Students reach out to alumni through our PeopleGrove platform to spark these connections. UVA alumni in this community share their knowledge and experience to help current UVA students make the most of their time on Grounds. They also help UVA students explore and prepare for life and career after UVA.
Complete your profile at https://alumnimentoring.virginia.edu/. Current UVA students will be able to see the information you provide in your profile. We recommend you upload a friendly photo and fill out your entire profile to encourage students to connect with you! Learn more about Virginia Alumni Mentoring (VAM) on our Alumni Overview page.
Give Students Hands-On Experience
HOOS INTERNSHIP ACCELERATOR
The goal of this new internship program is to connect 500 students from across Grounds with businesses and organizations in Charlottesville, the greater Commonwealth, and beyond.
- Students will have access to paid, virtual internships.
- Internships will be 4–8 weeks-long (20–40 hours per week). Shorter-term projects will also be considered.
- HIA interns will have access to a wealth of professional support coordinated by the UVA Career Center and UVA Alumni Association. This will ensure a successful internship experience for both intern and employer.
Learn more about the new Hoos Internship Accelerator (HIA) program.
VIRGINIA ALUMNI MENTORING (VAM) BRIDGES PROJECTS
Launched in the fall of 2020, the new Virginia Alumni Mentoring (VAM) Bridges program is an initiative to connect UVA alumni and students through project-based work. Alumni can post a short-term, well-defined project that students can complete in 1-4 weeks. Students gain real-world project experience that they can put on their resumes. Learn more: https://career.virginia.edu/VirginiaAlumniMentoring/Bridges.
What do Bridges Projects Look Like?
- Short-term, clearly defined projects you would give a new hire/intern/contractor
- Range from 5 - 40 total hours to complete
- Range from 1 - 4 weeks to complete
- Clearly defined deliverable within a set time frame
- Project work complements the work of paid employees and provides significant educational benefit to the student
- Paid or unpaid projects acceptable, all industries welcomed
- Unpaid projects should be for the educational benefit of the Project Recipient. They should not be for work that would otherwise be completed by a paid employee.
Learn more and post a project!
Hire a UVA Student
The UVA Career Center offers free internship, externship, summer, and full-time job postings to alumni through our Handshake system. Please register with Handshake to begin the easy process! If you have questions about salary data, rankings, or NACE recruiting guidelines, please see additional resources. Additional information on how to hire full-time students.
Please contact the following offices if you are interested in recruiting Law candidates, MBA candidates, or UVA Alumni.
If you have any questions, please contact David Lapinski, Director of Employer Relations and Experiential Education.