The links below focus on the Middle Eastern student population and provide great resources for various stages of your career development path.
Jump to a section
- Career Resources
- Job Search and Networking Tools
- UVA Student Groups and Resources
- Professional Associations
If you have questions about what to major in, how to apply for internships, graduate school or the job search, make an appointment with UVA Career Center to have a conversation with a career counselor.
Additional Career Resources:
- Diversity Employers - A career and self-development magazine targeted to recent college graduates as well as experienced job seekers and professionals who seek information on careers, job opportunities, graduate/professional school, internships/co-ops, study-abroad programs, and other employment and career advancement opportunities.
- Diversity - Multiple job search resources and search engine.
- Diversity Inc. - Includes job database for diverse job seekers, list of top 50 companies for diversity, and many other job search resources.
- Handshake - Official job/internship platform for the university.
- Imams Online - It was created as an easily accessible online portal serving as a voice, information and career placement initiative aimed at prospective Islamic leaders.
- INROADS - Resource for paid internships for undergraduate, diverse youth.
- WorkHalal - It is a website created to be a career finding resource for the ummah in the West.
Resources for Connecting with Middle Eastern Students and Faculty:
- Afghan Student Association
- Arabic Conversation Club
- Arab Student Organization
- Brody Jewish Center
- Chabad Jewish Heritage Student Association
- Challah for Hunger at UVa
- Darden Jewish Students Association
- Department of Middle Eastern and South Asian Languages and Cultures
- Department of Religous Studies
- Hillel Jewish Leadership Council
- Islamic Society of Central Virginia
- J Street at the University of Virginia
- Jewish Education Initiative
- Jewish Law Students Association
- Jewish Religious Life Council
- Jewish Social Connection
- Jewish Social Justice Council
- Middle East and Islamic Student Association at Darden
- Middle Eastern Leadership Council
- Muslim Students Association
- Office of the Dean of Students - Muslim Student Resource Guide
- Persian Cultural Society
- Project Nur at the University of Virginia
- The Lebanese Club at UVA
Resources for Scholarships/Fellowships at UVA:
- Alumni Association
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Curry School of Education
- School of Nursing
- McIntire School of Commerce
Resources for Scholarships/Fellowships Outside of UVA:
- Aziz Jamaluddin Scholarship Program
- Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship Awards
- Islamic Scholarship Fund
- Fadel Educational Foundation
- King Faisal Foundation
- National Iranian-American Council
- The Center for Global Understanding Scholarships for Muslim American Students (Muslim American Scholars Initiative)
- TWC Diversity Leaders Award
Resources/Tips for Studying Abroad:
- Visit Study Abroad and Summer Study Abroad website.
- Discuss the variety of program options (based on your region of interest) with an education abroad advisor to identify program options that meet your needs.
- Visit Student Financial Services during their walk-in hours to meet with a financial aid counselor. Bring your draft list of programs with you to hear about financial aid options for these programs.
- Visit Financial Aid for more information about how to finance study abroad.
- American Muslim Health Professionals
- American Muslim Women Physicians Association
- Islamic Medical Association of North America
- Islamic Social Serivces Association
- Middle Eastern America Professionals Association
- Muslim Professional Association
- Muslim Urban Professionals
- National Assocation of International Educators