Please visit the Archaeology major page for more information about this major/concentration at the University of Virginia.
Field of Study: The recovery, analysis and interpretation of material remains of past cultures and societies
Post-Graduate Occupations of past American History Majors
- City Planners
- Market Research Analysts
- Council Members
- Business Owners
- Building Conservators
- American Anthropological Association
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists
- National Association for the Practice of Anthropology
- National Association of Student Anthropologists
- Society for American Archaeology
- Society for Historical Archaeology
- American Academy of Forensic Science
Build Your Resume
Don't forget to pursue opportunities outside of your schoolwork. Your major is one of many lenses you might use to look at possible careers. Explore UVA Career Center resources on internships, externships, part-time jobs, and extracurricular activities. Actively participating in these experiences can help clarify current goals and future interests, while building skills that employers want. Below are some ideas on how you can enhance your resume:
- Consider pursuing a graduate degree.
- Gain research experience through professor assistance.
- Develop excellent research, writing, communication, public speaking, and organizational skills.
- Seek out leadership roles across Grounds.
- Acquire computer knowledge and experience.
- Join related professional associations as a student member.
- Gain experience through volunteer opportunities, internships, and/or part-time jobs.