- Alumni Webinars & Events
- Alumni Job Postings
- Alumni Job Search Tool Kit
- Alumni Career Options
- Alumni Grad School Resources
New graduates may continue to use the UVA Career Center and its online resources until December 31st (following May and August graduation dates) or until June 30th (following December graduation dates).
Both the UVA Career Center and Alumni Career Services can help you navigate your next steps in the job search.
1. Revisit Your Goals
2. Understand Post-Grad Options
There are many resources to help you navigate life after college. Not all students enter into permanent full-time jobs after undergrad!
- Explore Opportunities to Travel and Work Abroad
- Consider Cultural Exchange Programs
- Attend a Gap Year Fair in Your Region
3. Embrace the Gap Year Experience
- Volunteering / Service Programs
- Teaching Programs
- Internship Programs for Recent Graduates
- Cultural exchange programs
- Seasonal or Temporary Work
4. Formulate a Plan
- Talk to a career counselor about how to get organized and set achievable goals for moving into your first post-graduate experience.
- Be sure your Handshake account is updated with your newest interests and needs
- Identify how to conduct a search about international opportunities using Going Global
- Connect with people in your network