IES Internships – Intern. Explore. Succeed.
IES Internships understands the needs of students and the importance of creating a network, gaining hands-on experience, and increasing overall career readiness.
With a full-time international internship in one of 13 cities abroad, as well as in New York and Chicago, during the summer or semester you'll explore a new city, make connections, and prepare for the real world. You'll also have an amazing experience to tell your friends (and interviewers) about.
About IES Internships
IES Internships, a unit of IES Abroad, builds on the not-for-profit organization's 65+ years of study abroad and 45+ years of internship programming experience. They:
- Place interns in full-time, unpaid internships across the globe.
- Guarantee you a placement in the field of your choice.
- Put your internship experience into both a local and global context through a for-credit internship seminar.
- Offer an optional foreign language course alongside the summer internship program.
Benefits of an Internship
The career benefits of study abroad and internship experiences are many. Alumni of IES Internships and IES Abroad programs:
- Find their first jobs faster—nearly three-quarters of alumni secured their first job within two months or fewer of graduation.
- Have higher starting salaries, by about $6,000.
- Earn admission into their first or second choice graduate school at a rate of 90%.
In addition to the numbers, IES Abroad and IES Internships alumni increased their hireability by gaining valuable professional and cultural skills, such as adaptability, tolerance for ambiguity, and language proficiency.