Intern with the Society for International Development: Spring 2018
Interested in gaining experience in the field of international development? Looking for a an opportunity that starts in January 2018? Consider applying to this internship with the Society for International Development in DC! Great opportunity for May and December 2017 grads.
An internship at SID-Washington is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Spring Associate, you will meet high-level professionals with years of experience in the field and in Washington, DC – perhaps even your future employer!
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering phones, handling mail, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Work closely with our two programmatic coordinators to do the following:
- Assist with program development and planning for SID-Washington's numerous workgroups
- Assist with preparations for SID-Washington's Annual Career Fair
- Assist with planning for SID-Washington’s Annual Conference
- Write summaries of Chapter activities and events to be published on our website
- Develop outreach materials
- Support the SID-Washington staff in providing deliverables to SID-Washington Board of Directors committees
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website maintenance
- Academic and/or work experience in international development and/or event planning preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, pay meticulous attention to detail, and work well on a small team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, while also being receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment, including ability to take on limited overtime
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Connect, and HTML a plus
- Ability to work full time (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM or 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
A stipend of $2,000 is provided, with half paid at the midpoint and other half paid at the completion of the internship. Stipends are only available to those who do not receive academic credit for their internship. Those seeking academic credit are subject to a bonus following a successful performance review from their direct supervisor. Additionally, the SID-Washington staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, develop skills that will be critical to future success in the professional sphere, and build their resumes.
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter, including an indication of days/times available to work
- A current resume
- 3 professional references
- A short writing sample
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Please include "2018 Spring Programs Associate Application" and your name in the subject line of the email. Due to the number of applications we receive, only finalists will be contacted for interviews.
Please submit your full application (preferably as one combined PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org