Congressional Intern Program- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI)
The CHCI Congressional Leadership Program in Washington D.C. offers Latinx undergraduates with the opportunity to gain work experience, learn leadership and professional skills, and build a lasting professional network with Hispanic leaders in government, fortune 500 companies, and NGOs dedicated to progressing the latinx community.
Interns should have superior analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, and should be committed to public service.
This paid twelve week internship (Fall 2018) or paid eight week internship (Summer 2018) in the office of a congressional member covers housing expenses in D.C and travel expenses round trip.
Responsibilities of interns include:
- Responding to constituent inquiries
- Drafting correspondence and memos
- Attending congressional hearings and legislative briefings
- Conducting legislative research
- Writing legislative memos and policy briefings
- Data entry and analysis
- Assisting with general office operations
Summer 2018 Internship: December 1, 2017
Fall 2018 Internship: March 9, 2018
Learn more about this internship, CHIC, and other programs they offer on Handshake!