5 Reasons to Attend the Serving Society Conference THIS FRIDAY, December 1st
This Friday, December 1st, marks the 2nd Annual Serving Society Conference that will take place in Newcomb Hall from 9am - 2:30pm. Not sure this program's for you? Here are five reasons why you should attend:
1) You're interested in exploring a career in service, but aren't sure where to start.
- This is a great opportunity to connect with UVA alumni to learn about their personal experiences with volunteer work, internships, and entry level roles that have lead to meaningful careers in public service.
2) You want a career where you can make a difference and express your personal identity.
- Hear personal narratives from UVA alumni that have informed their service related careers and learn more about the roles that activism and advocacy play in creating systemic changes.
3) You're interested in "helping others" but don't want to sacrifice financial and personal security.
- Hear from Tamara Wilkerson Dias, Executive Director of the African American Teaching Fellows program and member of the Forbes 30 under 30 list for Education, about how to sustain a career in public service while balancing self-care.
4) You've heard about local service organizations, but don't know who to connect with.
- Don't miss your chance to meet with local professionals and have your burning questions answered during 20-minute small group mentoring chats!
5) You're hungry.
- Oh yeah. We'll feed you too :)
Interested? There's still time to register, so make sure you save your spot through Handshake today!
Can't stay the whole time? No problem! Feel free to come and go as you're able.
Hope to see you there!