Become a YAART Fellow!
The YAART Fellos Programs provides an opportunity for young adults to receive training in research methods and act as advisors to research projects. The goal of the program is to partner with the community to discover and design research that answers important questions about the health of transgender and gender non-conforming young people. Check out these FAQS to learn more about YAART fellows.
Who can become a YAART fellow?
Any transgender or gender nonconforming person 18–26 can become a fellow.
How many YAART fellows are there?
We hope to have about eight fellows.
When will meetings be held?
There will be five meetings during Fall 2017. They will be held once every other week in the evenings, about 2 hours each.
Where will meetings be held?
Meetings will be held in the Charlottesville area. We are willing to reimburse travel expenses for all members. If you are not able to travel, you can participate online.
What will I gain from being a fellow?
Fellows will gain valuable knowledge about research, healthcare, and teamwork. They will also be exposed to career development opportunities in the very diverse field of healthcare. Because we understand that your time is valuable, a stipend of $25 will be provided for each meeting.
What will be my responsibilities as a fellow?
• Work with fellows and other stakeholders to develop studies exploring how transgender and gender nonconforming young people make decisions about their health and healthcare
• Provide expertise on the basis of your own life experience
• Contribute to the safe, respectful, open environment that will exist at all meetings
• Attend and actively participate in all five meetings
• Attend and actively participate in any training or educational opportunities presented during the meetings
• Communicate often and openly with our team
If you have any additional questions, please call Katie and Claire, 434-243-9663 and email@example.com.