The Advisory Board Company - 2017 Sales and Marketing College Summer Externships
Calling all college juniors and seniors!!! Are you looking to gain exposure to health care and education industries, a corporate office setting, and learn about entry level opportunities in sales and marketing? The Advisory Board Company’s Sales and Marketing Team is seeking students for two-day educational externships. This program is specifically geared towards students interested in sales and marketing, but open to all majors.
The Advisory Board Company will be hosting Sales and Marketing College Summer Externships in both May and August. The first will be held on Tuesday, May 23rd until Wednesday, May 24th. The second externship will extend from Thursday, August 17th to Friday, August 18th.
As an externship participant, this valuable experience will enable to:
- Experience the company, culture, and roles
- Shadow current associates
- Meet key firm executives
- Network with Marketing associate alumni
- Receive resume and interview coaching
- Learn the Marketing Associate’s day-to-day, internal company structure, and external member relationships
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2017 for the May Session, and no later than June 30, 2017 for the August Session.
The externship is unpaid and no wages, benefits, or other compensation are provided. Participants are not employees of The Advisory Board Company and should not expect regular or future employment with The Advisory Company following completion of the externship.
ATTENTION CURRENT OR RISING SENIORS: At the end of the two-day externship experience, you will have the option to participate in formal interviews for the full time Summer 2018 Sales and Marketing Associate role.
- Excellent academic record
- Current enrollment in a college or university, working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in junior or senior year
- Must be able to demonstrate at least two of the following:
- Leadership experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience in team environment
- Experience working in an office
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to initiative and successfully overcome challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively by email and phone
- Attention to detail
- Interest in sales and marketing subject matter
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint)