Fall 2017 Career Exploration Workshops (CEWs)
How do I choose a major? How do I know that a major is right for me? How do I figure out what my interests and skills are? How should I begin exploring career possibilities?
If you've ever caught yourself wondering these things, or are curious about these questions, then you might consider joining a Career Exploration Workshop. Career Exploration Workshops (or CEWs) are small 10 - 12 student workshops that meet once a week for four weeks. In a CEW, you will:
- Explore majors, activities, and extracurriculars at UVa and clarify connections between your personal interests, academic interests, extracurricular interests, and potential careers.
- Work with a group of peers to learn ways to make balanced career decisions while taking into account your unique interests, values, and skills.
- Learn the various resources offered by the Career Center and create personalized action plan to further explore possibilities and make career connections.
This fall, you have 3 opportunities to participate in a CEW:
- Wed., Sept 6th – Sept 27th, 3 – 4 PM, UVA Career Center, Bryant Hall
- Tues., Oct 10th – Oct 31st, 1 – 2 PM, UVA Career Center, Bryant Hall
- Wed., Oct 25th – Nov 15th, 11 AM – 12 PM, “The Study”, 1515
*Note that additional workshops for 1st and 2nd year Echols Scholars and transfer students will also be offered in the fall; search Handshake for more information.
Space is limited, and it is possible that not all students who register will be able to participate in a particular workshop. If the workshop is full when you register, don't be discouraged. Look for additional offerings of this workshop series throughout the fall and spring semesters. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.