Posting Date: 6/29/18
Jobs@UVa Posting #: 0623558
University Staff Managerial and Professional Position #: 15161
Anticipated Hiring Range: $46,000 - $50,000
To apply, go to Official Jobs@UVA Vacancy Listing and complete an online application. Attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Review of candidate materials begins on 7/9/18, however, the position will remain open until filled. For questions about the position or application process, please contact Chris Cunningham, Senior Recruiter, UVA University Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full time, 12-month, 40 hour per week, salaried, one-year term limited - restricted position, with benefits. Continuation is based on satisfactory performance and funding availability.
The mission of the UVA Career Center is to foster holistic career development and facilitate connections to educate, inspire confidence, and empower all students to launch professionally and personally fulfilling lives.
The Senior Data Analyst (herein Analyst) for the University of Virginia Career Center analyzes data to draw conclusions and provide sophisticated analysis and reports on student, employer, outcome, operations, and strategic planning data. The analyst supports efforts to ensure that data standards are developed and maintained. They assist in operations and strategic planning and may be asked to contribute to division-wide data/assessment initiatives, both strategically and executionally.
Data Analysis and Reporting – 100%
- Ensures high quality data is collected for analysis and continually verifies integrity of the data
- Identifies errors and determines the best course of action to correct and prevent errors going forward
- Collects, blends, unifies, and securely manages various data sets for the Career Center
- Oversees and analyzes information to identify, interpret, and report trends or patterns within data sets
- Synthesizes analysis with the creation of data visualizations, graphs, reports, and presentations to guide programmatic decisions
- Develops content for seminars, forums, and presentations
- Works with the Assistant Director of Technology and Innovation to securely store and protect confidential data; strategically manages available resources to coordinate multiple shared and individual efforts of career services at UVA
- Resolves technical issues that may come from sourcing and translating varied data sets
- Manages relationship and translation of data for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Build positive relationships with and collaborate with UVA Career Center staff, UVA Registrar’s Office, CACS, InfoSec, affiliate career offices, and the UVA Division of Student Affairs.
- Provide direct support to UVA Career Center Planning Team, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to evaluate, apply information, and provide advice
- Working knowledge of data management
- Ability to analyze and present information
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions; Ability to clearly articulate specific information
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of various databases and software programs
- Ability to interpret information and apply to daily work
- Experience developing API integrations between SaaS products to automatically collect data sets
- Tableau and SQL experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Understands the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs
- Experience using Python
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.